Professor Erik Nesset is, in addition to being the Chair of International Marketing, a Research Fellow at Møre Research in Molde.
- Dr. polit. (Economics) 2002 University of Bergen, Norway
- Cand.polit. (Economics) 1986 University of Bergen, Norway
- Pedagogical studies (10 ECTS) 2006 Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
- Courses in business administration (30 ECTS) 1984 Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Norway
Title of Doctoral Thesis:
“Four essays on determinants of economic growth and their implications for economic policy”
Title of Dissertation lecture:
"How can growth, developed to explain long-run inequalities between countries, be used to explain regional differences in small open economies?”
- 2011 Professor Scholarship/Assoc. Prof., Aalesund University College and a Research Fellow, Møre Research Molde (20%)
- 2002 -2011 Assoc. Prof., Aalesund University College and Research Fellow Møre Research Molde (20%)
- 1998 – 2002 Assist. Prof., Aalesund University College and Research Fellow Møre Research Molde (20%).
- 1994 - 1998 Ph.d. scholarship, Department of Economics, University of Bergen, Norway.
- 1992 - 1994 Research Fellow, Møre Research Molde, Norway.
- 1987 - 1992 Research Fellow/Consultant, Research Department and Economic Department, Central Bank of Norway, Oslo.
- 1987 (6 months) Consultant, Planning and Research Department, Sosialdepartementet.
- 1984 - 1987 Research Assistant, Department of Economics, University of Bergen, Norway.
- 1984 - 1985 Research Assistant, Christian Michelsen Institute, Department of Petroleum Economics, Bergen, Norway.
Administrative functions and offices
- 2006 - 2011 Project administrator ”Business Survey programme- North-West region”, financed by the Central Bank of Norway.
- 2009 - 2011 Supervisor 2 Ph.D students, Department of Health Sciences, Aalesund University College
- 2005 - 2007 Project administrator NFR-projects: FORNY Høgskolen i Ålesund 2005 and 2006.
- 2002 - 2004 Adm. leader Export Marketing (Bachelor program) and Business Administration (one year program), Aalesund University College.
- 2001 - 2002 Adm. leader “Forskerforbundet”, Aalesund University College branch